175 JETS NEEDED
The 2014 Citation Special Olympics Airlift is coming up quick!
Citation and Hawker owners can help make this monumental effort possible by registering their aircraft, crews and fuel to transport Special Olympics athletes and coaches to the 2014 USA Games.
We have had a wonderful response from the aviation community, but the following flights are still open:
June 14 and June 21
- Mesa (IWA) to Trenton (TTN) and return these same athletes TTN to IWA
- Wichita (ICT) to Trenton (TTN) and return these same athletes TTN to ICT
- Atlanta (PDK) to Trenton (TTN) and return these same athletes TTN to PDK
- Raleigh-Durham (RDU) to Trenton (TTN)
- San Antonio (SAT) to Trenton (TTN)
- Trenton (TTN) to Raleigh-Durham (RDU)
- Trenton (TTN) to Nashville (BNA)
- Trenton (TTN) to Dallas (DAL)
If you can complete one or more of these flights, please register your aircraft! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 316.517.5438 for more information.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE 2014 CITATION SPECIAL OLYMPICS AIRLIFT
While Special Olympics athletes are preparing for competition, we are preparing to get them to the 2014 USA Games safely with your help via the 2014 Citation Special Olympics Airlift.
Thank you to all the Citation and Hawker owners for your generosity in donating your aircraft, your crew and the fuel to fly these VIP passengers to the Games.
Here’s what to expect as a registered participant in the Airlift:
- You will receive a letter with a CSOA decal and a medallion for your aircraft representing each year you have participated in
- In late May, you will receive a package that includes all the information you need for your Airlift participation, including your
special “Dove” call sign.
Our team has worked hard to create a safe and efficient Airlift. We designed the process to allow you to drop off your passengers and turn around quickly, taking into account ramp space limits and high traffic in the northeast corridor.
The Pilot Hospitality Tent will have food, drinks, comprehensive weather briefings and a payment kiosk for handling all discounted fueling options. Airport personnel will be on site to provide necessary flight clearance.
Saturday, June 21, is the designated photo day. It’s always a highlight to capture the joy on the faces of the athletes as you prepare to fly them home with their medals! We will have photographers on site to capture group shots of you with the athletes.
For those that have never participated in the Airlift, there is a link to the wrap-up video from 2010 that gives you a peek
into this emotion filled event -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyQZimH4jL0.
2014 CSOA Facts
- 2014 is the third Special Olympics National Games to be held in the United States.
- This is the seventh Citation Special Olympics Airlift coordinated by Cessna Aircraft Company.
- Primary airport will be Trenton Mercer Airport (TTN) with a runway length of 6,006 feet.
- Games will be held at several sites in and around Greater Princeton / Mercer County Area.
- Passengers onboard Citations will vary between three and seven athletes plus a coach or sponsor.
- A Citation business jet will land or take off every two minutes for 10 hours.
- Trip times will range from 1.5 to 3.0 hours.
- Citations will transport over 800 athletes and their coaches from across the country.
- Citations will deliver athletes on Saturday, June 14, 2014.
- Citations will return athletes on Saturday, June 21, 2014.
History of Citation Special Olympics Airlift
||Cessna transported Special Olympics Kansas delegation in two Citations to the International Winter Games in Salt Lake City, Utah.
||First Citation Airlift to International Summer Games in South Bend, Indiana. 132 Citations transported nearly 1,000 athletes and their coaches.
||Second Citation Airlift to St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota for International Summer Games. 180 Citations took 1,000 athletes and their coaches.
||Third Citation Airlift to Hartford, Connecticut. 197 Citations transported 1,600 athletes and coaches to the International Summer Games.
||Fourth Citation Airlift to Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina. 260 Citations transported 2,000 athletes and coaches.
||Fifth Citation Special Olympics Airlift to the first U.S. National Games, Des Moines, Iowa. 235 Citations transported 1,500 athletes and coaches.
||Sixth Citation Special Olympics Airlift to the second U.S. National Games in Lincoln, Nebraska. 161 Citations transported 830 athletes and coaches.
2014 Registered Participants
- Africair, Inc.
- Ageless Mens Health LLC
- Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association (AOPA)
- Airship One
- Allegis Corporation
- ARB Consulting / C&S Sales
- Arizona Cardinals
- Aspen Glen Dressage
- Bear Air, LLC
- Bentley Development Co. Inc.
- BorgWarner, Inc.
- Brett & Caroline Lunger
- Brigadoon Transport
- Brothers Bar & Grills
- Brown & Brown, Inc.
- CCBCC Operations, LLC
- CD Aviation
- CMGC, Inc
- Cook Sales, Inc.
- CVS Caremark Corporation
- Discovery Point Franchising
- Don Bruce
- Donald Gulbrandsen
- Duke Energy
- Edison Chouest Offshore
- Elbit Systems of America
- Epoch Properties, Inc.
- Epps Aviation, Inc.
- Fagen, Inc.
- Fred Beans Ford, Inc.
- Garmin International
- General Mills, Inc.
- George A Burnett & Associates
- Great Southern Bank
- Gregory Poole Equipment Company
- Hanover Foods Corp.
- HCA - The Healthcare Company
- Hughes General Contractors
- IMP Inc.
- Indium Corporation
- Intrepid Aviation LLC
- JEM Aviation
- JMA Energy Company, L.L.C.
- John Hinshaw
- Kemmons Wilson Companies
- Kindle Ford Lincoln Chrysler Jeep Dodge
- Lone Star Communications, Inc.
- Lord Corporation
- Luhr Bros., Inc
- M.S. Management Services, Inc.
- Mark Aloe
- McCoy Corporation
- Mild Air LLC
- Moki Corp
- Moo Too 1, Inc.
- Murphy USA Inc.
- NextEra Energy, Inc.
- OA LLC
- OnFlight, Inc.
- Pacific Flight Services LLC
- Parker Hannifin Corporation
- Phillips Edison &Company
- Philmar LLC
- POET Ethanol Products
- PPAL, Inc.
- Pratt & Whitney Canada
- Redbird Flight Simulations, Inc.
- Regulatory Compliance Associates Inc.
- Robertson Racing
- Rogers Group Inc
- RSF Jets, LLC
- Russell Thorstenberg
- SBM Site Services
- Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
- Sierra Land Group, Inc.
- SJ Collins Enterprises
- Speedbird, Inc
- Street Aviation LLC
- Systems and Methods, Inc
- Teradata Corp
- Textron Inc.
- Thompson Tractor Company, Inc.
- Tom Wood Aviation, Inc.
- Tom Wood, Inc.
- Vortexx Pressure Washers
- Vulcan Threaded Products, Inc.
- Wheels Up
- Wheels Up
- Whelen Engineering Co.
- Williams International
- Wing & Rotor Transportation Holdings LLC
- Wing & Rotor Transportation Holdings LLC
- Wintermute Aviation LLC
- Zachry Holdings, Inc.